Monday, January 19, 2009

Salvaged Cloth Bag



















Got very into a sewing project today - turning a favorite pair of pants that had torn too much to repair - into a swanky new bag! I turned the front zipper into a peeking spot with butterfly "undies" underneath. The pockets are all great spots to stick phone, car keys, change etc. I lined it with a soft fleecy brown material and added salvaged wood buttons with loops for easy access. I'm super thrilled at how this project came out and can't wait to use my new sewing machine (an $8 find at a garage sale this summer) to make more new stuff out of salvaged cloth!

2 comments:

Amy said...

That is a fabulous bag! I'm glad your sewing maching is working so well!

Vanessa Prentice said...

Thank you! I'm so happy the sewing machine works. I was a little afraid to try it since it only cost me $8...